Integrated Quality, Environment, Occupational Health & Safety and Food Safety Management System Policy
The Management of the company Compañía Española de Algas Marinas, S.A hereinafter referred to as CEAMSA, considers the quality, environment, health and safety at work and food safety s a basic marketing strategy to keep our reputation in the production and marketing of food additives, specially carrageenins, pectin, nutritional fiber, clarified locust bean gum and mixtures based on these products, other hydrocolloids and ingredients (salt and sugars). Recovery of non-hazardous waste from sludge resulting from the production process of carrageenans used in agriculture.
On this basis, our main goal is to exceed the expectations that our customers have placed upon CEAMSA and to be able to show our potential customers our ability to get excellent and safe products that will always meet the specified and legal requirements related to environmental issues, prevention of occupational risks and those requirements mentioned in the FCC, Codex Alimentarius, the European legislation or other requirements that can be applied, taking our responsibility to our clients.
Moreover, the company has introduced a health manual according to good manufacturing practices and a hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) that must be followed by all the employees of the company.
The General guidelines set by our Quality and Food Safety Policy in order to achieve this goal are explained as follows:
- To ensure the total satisfaction of our clients providing them with products and services according to the standard requirements and specifications – either expressed or implied – and the existing rules or current legislation, at a minimum cost and within the deadline and in the amount requested.
- Stating our intention to comply with our obligation to produce safe products, guaranteeing their authenticity and functionality and taking responsibility with our customers.
- The concept of total quality is promoted, in such a way that “doing things right the first time” must be a goal for anybody, regardless of the task which is being performed and turning it into a collective work where everybody must be involved.
- Setting up the culture of ongoing improvement in the Organization as far as Quality, Environment, Food Safety and Prevention is concerned as a standard of behaviour and attitude at work.
- A continuous analysis of information, both the company’s own data and the information provided by our customers, so as to prevent failure and improve our processes and products, anticipating our customers’ needs and requirements.
- Providing the necessary resources, both human and technical ones so that the standard needs and requirements can be fulfilled.
- A commitment to preventing pollution caused by our activities.
- A commitment to ensuring safe and healthy working conditions so as to prevent injuries and health damage related to work.
- Promoting the necessary actions to prevent injury and health damage of our workers, with our commitment to removing potential hazards and reducing health and safety risks.
- A commitment to promoting consultation and participation of the workers and their representative.
- Stating periodically and in a written document the goals related to quality, environment, prevention and food safety, quantifying the values to be attained, which may be used to set the direction where the efforts of the Organization must be focused.
- Setting a documented systematic action to ensure quality, the right environmental management, the prevention of occupational risks and food safety in all the stages of the production process.
- A commitment to complying with the guidelines set by HALAL regulations.
- A commitment to complying with the guidelines laid down by KOSHER regulations.
This systematic action on quality, environment, occupational health & safety and food safety has been structured into a Quality, Environment and Prevention Management System and HACCP based on the ISO standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and BRC, suitable for the requirements of our company. The Integrated Management System has been developed and it must be kept in such a way that priority must be given to prevention of defects rather than to their correction, so as to ensure the efficient management according to the requirements of the Management System by all our employees.